Registration for the October 26 Grand Rapids version of the craziest, most adrenaline-fueled race you’ll ever run will likely open in May or June 2013.
Here’s what you need to register for the Grand Rapids race.
- Credit card.
- Race shirt size (shirts are long sleeve with unisex sizing)
- Contact information, emergency contacts, and any pertinent medical information
- This is an individually-timed race, but you may sign up several people under the same registration or, separately but under the same wave time, to ensure you have someone to hold when you are scared out of your wits. If someone registers in the wrong wave, no worries. They can shift over at the start. Their time is based on when they cross the start mat.
- Group discount. Gather a total of 8 of you or more and sign up together under the same “ticket” and wave and we’ll credit your credit card for 20% off EACH runner entry. Please contact us after you register at email@example.com and we will apply the credit as a partial refund on your card.
- Members of the armed forces will receive a 15% off discount for individuals and 25% group discount if all register under the same ticket/registration. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org after you register with any proof of service to receive your discount.
Note: Registration closes October 25. Sales end for the standard entry fee on October 21 but you can still get in the week of the race – a shirt doesn’t come with your entry though (if they are available, you can buy one after the race for just $10).
Age limits and refund policy listed below.
Racers and zombies must be at least 12 years old. 13-14 year old runners must race with a parent/guardian in the earliest two waves, to allow for better visibility and reduce the chance of collision. 15-17 year old must race with a friend with parent/guardian approval; an adult is not required to run with them but must sign their waiver provided during online registration and be in attendance. Anyone under 18 must have a parent/guardian sign their waiver.
Making changes to your registration is easy. Go to www.eventbrite.com, click on My Tickets, Current Orders, and look for the tiny blue edit link next to the race name. Click it and update the information. You may even transfer your entry to another person until the Monday before the race. If you need help, please click on this Help link. After October 21, we cannot change t-shirt sizes but you can swap AFTER the race if we have extras.
Unlike most national races, we do allow partial refunds.
If you do not have someone to transfer your registration to, a partial refund is available requested through Michigan Adventure Racing (not EventBrite) based on the following schedule:
Funeral or active military duty = full refund
6 days or more = 50% refund
5 days – day of event = No refund.
We reserve the right to alter/merge start times based on sign-ups, safety, local officials, etc.