Registration for the 2014 Zombie Dashes is not yet open. Please subscribe to our mailing list (right column) and you will be the first to now.
August 7, 2014 Kalamazoo, MI
Oct. 25 or Nov. 1, 2014 (Halloween) Grand Rapids, MI
Tips on registering, especially for groups:
- Runners: Pick your desired race time:
- Kalamzoo: times TBD
- Grand Rapids: Sunset (6:30-6:45 pm) , Twilight (6:45-7:00 pm), or Darkness (7:00-7:15 pm)
- Zombies*: Pick your desired “feed zone” so you all are spread out, and select $15 shirt or free/no shirt “ticket.” Zombies under 14 must pick the yellow “no feed” zones and be accompanied by an adult.
- This is an individually-timed race, but you may sign up several people under the same registration to ensure you have someone to hold when you are scared out of your wits. If someone registers in the wrong wave, no worries. They can move to your wave at the start. Their time is based on when they cross the start mat. Waves just help us spread runners out.
- Group discount. Gather a total of 8 of you or more including you and sign up together under the group “captain”‘s account (this person pays for the group) and we’ll credit your credit card for 15% off EACH runner entry. Please contact us after you register at email@example.com and we will apply the credit as a partial refund on your card.
- Current and former members of the armed forces will receive a 15% off discount. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org after you register with how you served and we will apply the discount.
- Race for free? Yup. Raise $250 for the Be the Match bone marrow registry and you are racing for free. Here’s how.
*New this year for zombies. Zombies will register for a specific feed or no feed zone to spread you all out so that runners will have more of a chance to keep life strips and zombies in feed zones later in the race will have a chance to still eat! This will make for a better race for all. Zombies under 14 must be in a “no feed” zone due to safety. There were several near-collisions last year involving young kids. These zones are along the Riverwalk and allow for scaring but not grabbing life strips due to how narrow they are.
Note: Registration closes October 24 at 5 pm but a shirt doesn’t come with your entry after Oct. 20. If they are available, you can buy one after the race for $10 if you are a late registrant, otherwise $15.
Age limits and refund policy listed below order information.
Runners can be any age to wear life strips. All runners under 14 years old must run with a parent or guardian. We recommend that runners 14-18 run in a group
Zombies must be at least 14 years old to grab life strips from runners. Zombies younger than 14 must be with their parents in the “no feed” zones located at the beginning and end of the race (north zones). The goal is to minimize the risk of collisions between adults and young kids.
CHANGING REGISTRATION INFORMATION
Making changes to your registration is easy. Go to www.eventbrite.com, click on My Tickets, Current Orders, and look for the tiny blue edit link next to the race name. Click it and update the information. You may even transfer your entry to another person until the Monday before the race. If you need help, please click on this Help link. After October 21, we cannot change t-shirt sizes but you can swap AFTER the race if we have extras.
Unlike most national races, we do allow partial refunds. If you do not have someone to transfer your registration to, a partial refund is available requested through Michigan Adventure Racing (not EventBrite) based on the following schedule:
Funeral or active military duty = full refund
7 days or more = 50% refund
6 days – day of event = no refund (you may pick up your shirt at check-in)
We reserve the right to alter/merge start times based on sign-ups, safety, local officials, etc.